Here’s a (long) list of things about Deenie, as Izzi “tagged” me to do it 🙂 I guess you’ll know me sooner than you expected to…
1. I’m terrified of dogs and most animals, but I like them
2. I don’t like it when people think they have me all figured out. Don’t box me in!
3. I keep a hidden diary, and though nothing in it is particularly scandalous, I would die if anyone ever read it
4. I love Ryan from The OC
5. My favorite character on Desperate Housewives is Bree, and then Gabi
6. Barbecues are one of the funnest events in the world. Especially when hot dogs are involved.
7. I’m scared of fire to the point where I can’t light a match
8. I’m proud of being a Sagittarius, and feel it’s very much me
9. Fall is my favorite season because it’s nostalgic and yet fresh at the same time
10. I enjoy almost every kind of music, even country
11. I grew up on Sweet Valley High and Saved by the Bell
12. I think Judy Blume is a brilliant writer
13. I love food. No, really. Love it.
14. I think my fitness trainer has the most charming personality
15. When I was young, I dreamt of working at a magazine, and now that I do, I can’t remember why.
16. Honesty makes me feel comfortable. But so does politeness.
17. The best looking guy I ever saw worked at Abercrombie & Fitch in Honolulu, Hawaii
18. Honolulu, Hawaii is the most beautiful place I’ve ever been.
19. … in addition to Paris. And I’m dying to go to Italy, as well as any place with rolling green hills.
20. I know it’s cheesy, but I secretly love romance novels.
21. I’m really not that interested in physical appearance.
22. I once had an uncanny, inexplicable crush on a man more than three times my age – my parents’ friend – and I never told anyone about it
23. I’m not afraid of confrontation AT ALL, when it comes to my rights (like telling someone what I think is right or wrong, talking to my boss, etc) But I’m extremely shy about meeting people for the first time.
24. I’m the biggest procrastinator ever. I even put off writing to-do lists
25. I love receiving compliments
26. I fear public speaking, and once froze while giving a speech in the 7th grade.
27. I’ve never been to Texas or Colorado, but I’ve always wanted to
28. I’ve always thought cowboys were attractive
29. My dream is to write a great novel
30. I hope to wear the hijab one day, inshallah
31. I own at least 30 books I haven’t yet read
32. Throughout my teen years, I must have had at least 200 crushes, and that’s no exaggeration
33. I tend to like guys who like me first – it makes them charming. Plus, they have good taste 😀 OK, that was obnoxious, sorry
34. My soul-mate is someone I used to fight with when we were kids
35. I love brownies
36. I think brainy guys are cute
37. I once seriously considered marrying my cousin – but I quickly came to my senses
38. I’m still afraid of ghosts
39. If I could be any actress, I’d pick Mischa Barton on The OC
40. I could never pick a favorite movie, song or book… I have millions
41. When I was 7, I pranked 911 and lived in fear for years that the cops were going to come and get me
42. I survived a tornado when I was 17.
43. I like it when people ask me where I’m from
44. I have funny-shaped thumbs that remind me of ET’s head
45. There was a time when I was a server at a restaurant in the States, and I absolutely loved it.
46. I love french fries
47. I love the show Cribs on MTV. Wish I had a dream house of my own
48. I’d love to be an astronaut, a top chef, a teacher, a librarian, a nurse, a novelist who lives by the sea, a soap opera star, a psychologist, an entrepreneur, an interior decorator, an ambassador, a hairstylist or a stay-at-home mother who makes really good cookies
49. I love sandy beaches… but who doesn’t?
50. I wish I was more religious
51. I hate it when people put ketchup in the wrong places, ie, drizzled all over fries so you can’t help but get it all over your fingers, on a napkin which gets disgustingly soggy, mixing with unrelated items on the plate, etc
52. I think bottled water tastes kind of weird, unless it’s Ghadeer
53. Having pancakes for breakfast makes my day
54. I really, truly enjoy the simple things in life
55. I’m pretty good with money without even trying*
56. I believe you should always be thankful
57. My favorite holiday in the States has always been Thanksgiving (because turkey dinner + family = winning combination)
58. I haven’t had a happy Valentine’s Day since the 3rd grade
59. My late grandmother (God rest her soul) from Ramallah once chased a 5-year-old American friend who lived on my street out of our garage with a broom, thinking he was an intruder; he never came back
60. I despise talking on the phone, and find it to be a chore, unless it’s with family or two specific friends who shall remain nameless
61. I love staying in nice hotels, especially when I’m traveling for work 🙂
62. I am highly protective of my family, and fiercely loyal to my friends
63. Lots of people mistake me for being naive, because I trust and believe in people so much, but I’m not. I see people for exactly what they are – but I also have a habit of seeing good in everyone.
64. I always managed to talk my way out of trouble in high school
65. I have 75 first cousins. Yes. And don’t get me started on second cousins…
66. I hate it when people make a joke out of sex (sex toys, gag gifts and vulgar cakes at parties), and although I’ve never had sex, I think it shouldn’t be regarded like that. But that’s just me 🙂 You can do whatever you want
67. When it comes to a guy’s looks, the most important thing to me is that he’s tall and broad-shouldered. I also like a lot of hair (on his head), warm eyes and white teeth.
68. What I don’t like is skinny calves (But I don’t mind chubby guys), feminine hands or a way-too-hairy body.
69. I never really understood the theater, and I don’t really care to.
70. Although I’m a very uncritical person, and I like almost everyone, I’m very picky about who I like as friends
71. I’ve never been in a long-term relationship, though my heart’s been broken a few times.
72. One of my biggest pet peeves is bad service
73. Religious gatherings make me feel really good inside
74. I’m not ready to die, but I’m not afraid of it
75. I’d love to live in London; I’ve never been there, but I know I’d like it
76. I wouldn’t mind being stranded on a deserted island, but only if I knew I’d be rescued. And if I had a hunky guy around to get food and build a hut
77. I love it when the sky changes colors at sunset
78. I love, love, love thunderstorms, and rainy days
79. If it wasn’t against my religion, I’d try drinking wine
80. My goal, for the past 11 years, has been to have slimmer thighs
81. I just can’t stand Dr Phil
82. I can never remember any jokes, ever
83. Jelly beans make me sick
84. I can’t dance, but I wish I could
85. I think chemistry is impossible and doesn’t make sense
86. I’d love to have a nice husband, four bright kids, an SUV and a comfortable home someday, inshallah
87. I like math – it makes me feel smart
88. I don’t like people who are inconsiderate
89. I despise people who treat their maids like shit
90. I have a soft spot for old people, especially nice old men who work for an honest living
91. I could never, ever ask for a better family or better friends*
92. The only food I don’t really like is tahini sauce. But I don’t mind it in hummus
93. I really love long car-rides, especially when someone else is driving
94. I’m really good at parallel parking
95. I wouldn’t mind going to the movies by myself
96. I cry at things that move me or when I’m happy, but I rarely cry when I’m upset
97. Making others happy makes me happy
98. I’m not a very good cook, but I’d like to be
99. I hate practical jokes. There’s nothing funny about making someone believe something that isn’t true. I only like them when they’re being filmed on TV for a reaction, but not always.
100. I don’t like surprises.